Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Prague Zoo Weekend!

So this is just going to be a quick blog about my free weekend out in Prague on my lonesome! Let me just start out by saying that traveling alone is fantastic! There is so much freedom to do your own things and see your own sights it's great. Well I got to Prague about 10 o'clock, met up with some friends I had met on my first week in the Czech Republic and went out for the night. Met some new people and had a great time. But now on to the good stuff!

The Prague Zoo!

So starting off all I wanted to see at the zoo was an aquarium. Well come to find out after paying 150Kc to get in. The Prague zoo doesn't have a freaking aquarium! I was depressed to say the least. But while I was standing in the line I heard English from behind me. I turn around and it's the three random girls. They asked where I was from and all that fun stuff. They were from New York and were studying in Florence and were in Prague for a weekend trip like I was. Well they invited me to tag along with them. So I did. We walked all around seeing the various animals. Those of which all seemed to be rather sad. But nonetheless it was fun! We had some curry wurst, some brambory pancakes (mashed potatoes fried), and some delicious fried cheese. After we had eating we continued on and we were witness to probably the weirdest thing we could have seen that day. In this cage were these ducks and owls. 
There was a little pond with fish about 8 inches long or so. One of these ducks was swimming around the pond attempting to eat these fish, but they were two big for it to swallow. Which resulted in these fish having their tails and fins eaten off... floating at the top of the pond. For a good ten minutes we sat watching this "fascinating display of nature". The duck decided he was finished and walked off. Just as one of the owls swooped in, grabbed the fish, bit its neck and then flew off to eat it. Craziest s**t I've ever seen at a zoo. 

After about five or six hours it was closing time and my day at the zoo with my new friends was over. I had planned on heading to a tattoo shop that was next to my hostel but sadly by the time I got back it was closed. Putting that one down as the first on my list for my next free weekend! So that's my story... Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures!

Fierce





"No King. No King. Nananananaaana."
New baby Elephant only weeks old.





Chillin in the monkey exhibit
I tried to speak Parseltounge to Nagini...
But sadly it didn't work


New baby Gorilla only days old


No comments:

Post a Comment