Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Horrific Truths of Living Abroad.

So it was time for me to have an off weekend. So this weeks blog won't be as fun as the past one and I won't have as much freedom to express my personality but here we go! This week I'm going to go over the horrific truths of daily life here in Europe. I'm just kidding there really isn't that much to complain about living abroad. I mean yeah there's no wifi, there are no ice in our drinks and we have to pay to use the bathroom. But honestly how could I complain about exploring the world? Living here in Olomouc has been an amazing experience. My room has a balcony looking out toward the city.

The lobby of the dorms (or hostels) as they are called here, sell anything and everything you could want. Just not American product wise. Toilet paper, food, drinks, tooth paste, cigarettes. It goes on. Which makes it rather easy when its late and all of the stores here have closed by 8 or 9. Typically bed time is about midnight or later, with a wake up call of noon. (Sorry mom, I know I should do more with my life) Then I start my day.  A nice shower in our little bathroom, maybe some food in our flats kitchenette. And I'm ready for my 3 o'clock classes. It seems to have become a tradition for the Americans on this trip that we all stop at Cross Cafe and get drinks (coffee of course) and food (usually croissants and salad)before actually arriving for lecture. Our classes usually last about 3 hours maybe a little longer. Breaks included.
Belmondo stage
After class we head out for some food and maybe a drink. Back to the dorms for a while, and of course the occasional Czech Lecture homework. Sitting on the balcony yelling about with the others whom also have had the same idea as me. Some had other ideas and decided to head to the bars for the night, and others are passed out in bed from exhaustion. (That is what out Thursdays usually look like) Wednesday nights here are a special kind of night. Back in Kearney its typical to hit up the bar say on Tuesday nights because, "Hey! It's old school night!" Well for us here in Olomouc the same is true, just on Wednesdays. Except for us, Wednesday is BELMONDO NIGHT! Hanging out in the dorms until the last possible tram and then we storm the tram stop ready for a night of fun! We get to the club about 1230 and more often than not we tend to shut the place down. But enough about our ridiculous party life right? You probably are wanting to hear about all of the studious things we do while we are here.
To be honest after class there isn't really much that we do involving class... Well besides write these blogs. Which I have no almost wrapped up. I'm really not sure there is much more to talk about. On our weekends we either have a school based trip, which usually consists of looking at castles or churches... That or we have our own individual weekends where we get to plan our own trips. If there is anything you have questions about, or anything I didn't cover, ask! I would love to let you know what Europe life is like.


We spend our whole lives worrying about the future, planning for the future, trying to predict the future. As if figuring it out will somehow cushion the blow. But the future is always changing. The future is the home of of our deepest fears, and our wildest hopes. But one thing is certain: When it finally reveals itself, the future is never the way we imagined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment